- The program’s goal is to “step into the gap” and offer affordable preschool programming designed specifically for children who have, or are suspected of having, an Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder or Speech and Language difficulties.
- Tailored to children between the ages of 3-5 years old.
- Low class ratio of 1 teacher to 4 students, with additional support from the Program Coordinator.
- Step-by-Step is meant to complement therapeutic programming through a stimulating, affordable, low ratio learning environment that helps children develop into their best selves. The program is also beneficial on its own. The program is rooted in recognized autism and speech therapy practices, but is not a formal therapy program.
- This program is offered 3 afternoons a week, which allows children to take part in publicly funded therapeutic interventions, such as speech, language,and occupational therapy while also taking part in Step-by-Step.
- Step-by-Step staff will provide families with support in preparing their children for the public school system.
Step-by-Step students will also receive the following:
- Individualized Program Plan
- Quarterly Developmental Summaries
- Final Developmental Summary
- An “I’m Ready for the Next Step” Transition Plan for mainstream school
- A resource teacher to attend the transition planning meeting with the public school
- 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Tuition, Fees and Subsidies
Please consult our Tuition Page for more information.