Preschool Teacher Position (parental leave coverage)
Salary: $17+/hr, potential for negotiation based on qualifications & experience
Hours & Days of work: Monday-Friday mornings 8:00-12:00 and Tuesday-Thursday afternoons 1:00-4:00.
Contract term: Sept 5th 2017-June 15th 2018, with the potential for future contracts.
Paid holidays: Winter Break – Sat Dec 23rd, 2017 to Sun Jan 7th, 2018; March Break – Sat March 10th to Sun 18th, 2018
Location: BCCNS – Bells Corners Co-operative Nursery School (3955 Richmond Road, Bells Corners, ON, K2H 5C5)
- 2 years previous experience working with children in a child care environment
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education required
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Education
- Up to date knowledge of the ECE field
- Up to date first aid and CPR training
- Up to date Police Record Check in the vulnerable sector
- Strong knowledge of the E.L.E.C.T and emergent curriculum
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Able to function productively within a team environment
- Positive attitude and outlook; Passion for working with children age 3-6
- Strong knowledge of child development and ability to apply it within the classroom
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure
- Comfortable working with children with special needs
- Previous experience working with children with special needs
- Demonstrates respect for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience in assessment and report writing
- Be responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with and ready to carry out emergency procedures
- Comfort children; Communicate clearly and effectively in a manner that children understand
- Implement positive behaviour management techniques, when required
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
- Be respectful with children, parents, members and visitors
- As part of one or more classroom teams of teachers:
- Implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program
- Implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the specific children in our programs, including songs, games & story-telling
- Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Provide observations and take part in weekly team meetings.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Observe children and share notes of progress
- Plan and implement short term and long term goals based on recommendations from our team service plans
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Heidi Piper-Ward (Program Director) at email@example.com
Closing Date: May 30, 2017 – June 16, 2017 – Interviews & hiring decisions may be made prior to June 16, 2017 closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.